Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spelling Bee!

Hola!
So, before I left for my Holiday break I held the most amazing competition in school history...a spelling bee! And needless to say, it was amazing. The kids took it very seriously and studied for three weeks. They were given 250 new words to learn, the list was quite intimidating.

Then we set up our auditorium like a true spelling bee competition...fake microphone, name tags and all. We had an awesome judge's table that I and the 6th grade teacher manned. We surprisingly made it 8 ROUNDS. The students did so good. There was a very intense 3rd and 4th place tie breaker..sadly he spelled congratulations, like congradulations, sad story. We awarded the 3rd, 2nd and 1st place with chocolate bars and everyone else got a piece of candy for giving it a try. The winner was a surprise, not one of our normal brainy kids. So that was awesome!

Here are the winners...

Please note the awesome ribbons I made!

This spelling bee was just a practice round. In April we are going to have the real deal. We will use the same words; but, parents, media (aka LebrijaTV) and the entire school will come watch! I can already see their little nervous faces. The 2nd place winner cried when he lost...so I am hoping that doesn't happen next time. That could be embarassing...


Peace, love and grammar!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment