Hola!
A couple of weekends ago the other foreigners (I can't say Americans because my roomie is Irish) and I went to Barcelona. It was super large amounts of fun! We left Thursday after school school and had all day Friday and Saturday and partial day Sunday. It was short, but sweet. We saw a bunch of the Gaudí buildings; Casa Vicens, Sagrada Família, Park Güell and Casa Milà. There were some others, but I don't remember the names, they're all in Catalan. Speaking of Catalan (geography lesson: the language spoke in the Region Catalonia, which is where Barcelona is), it is INCREDIBLY different than Spanish. Woah, total eye opener.
A couple of weekends ago the other foreigners (I can't say Americans because my roomie is Irish) and I went to Barcelona. It was super large amounts of fun! We left Thursday after school school and had all day Friday and Saturday and partial day Sunday. It was short, but sweet. We saw a bunch of the Gaudí buildings; Casa Vicens, Sagrada Família, Park Güell and Casa Milà. There were some others, but I don't remember the names, they're all in Catalan. Speaking of Catalan (geography lesson: the language spoke in the Region Catalonia, which is where Barcelona is), it is INCREDIBLY different than Spanish. Woah, total eye opener.
Anywho here is a little tid bit about the Sagrada Família, it has been under Construction for something like a 100 years for all sorts of reasons; they run out of money, the architect dies, there's a crisis, another architect dies, they run out of money again...pretty much sums up the way the Spanish work around here. But, the Pope visited it this year so they actually finished the inside!! And it was breathtaking. They're obviously still working on the outside...hints all the cranes. Hopefully, it will be finished in my life time, fingers crossed!
We also spent sometime wandering around the port and walking the boardwalk. Overall it was a fabulous weekend. You can now check out my photos on the link to the right. Enjoy!
Here's a sneak preview...
A pretty street with an important bridge above us, but I don't remember why it was important?
Park Güell
Inside the Sagrada Família
The outside of the Sagrada Família
Funny story about this photo. We were walking around and Nicola and Natalie were walking ahead of us, then all of a sudden stopped in front of this bar and took a picture. So Rosie and I were like what are you doing? And Nicola said, Oh this is where the Pope had lunch, they're really famous for their tapas and beer. So, Rosie and I were OMG we want a picture. HA well after they laughed their butts off and everyone inside stared at us like we were freaks we learned that really this is the name of a book Nicola had read before. And the Pope didn't have tapas and beer here...our bad.
Peace, Love and Old Buildings!
Michelle


Such pretty girls! You all look so cute and trendy!! Very European!
ReplyDelete