Saturday, May 7, 2011

Easter!

Hey ya!

There is so much for me tell you about! First, I will start with celebrating Easter American style in Spain.
Last year I brought food coloring (aka egg coloring supplies) from America to Spain. But, last year the weather was really poopy and Easter kind of snuck up on us, so we didn't have time to do much. But, this year since Easter was practically in June we had all of the time in the world.
So, I introduced the little kiddies to the wonderful world of egg coloring and it was a blast. They all went home with purple, green, red and blue fingers and were thrilled. The 5th and 6th grades colored the eggs and the sixth grade had an actual egg hunt with their stinky eggs (apparently dying them on friday and letting them sit out to dry until monday makes eggs stinky, who knew?). They loved it and I totally got to play with one of the classes, and let's just say some hot/cold action was needed to find my eggs. HA! I win!
The only tricky thing about dying eggs here is that our eggs are brown! It's a light brown so they were able to finally turn color, they just had to sit in the color for like 5 minutes! The kids didn't really mind waiting they thought it was like magic. Everytime we would take an egg out they would say ohhhhhh waaaaaa ahhhhhh. It made me feel like I was holding some golden ticket every 5 minutes and of course I loved it!
Here's some photos of the action...





Notice that she decided the paint her entire egg gold....after we had it soak in the food coloring for 5 minutes. oh the way an 11 year old brain works is quite interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment