Friday, October 23, 2009

Chipiona and Sevilla

This past weekend we went to the beach in Chipiona and did fabulous touristy things in Sevilla.
Chipiona was beautiful, the water was crystal blue and the sand was well perfect!


Jealous?


So sunny=so tan!!


My roommate Emely and me.


The really pretty church on the beach.

Saturday I cleaned the apartment, so lame! But Sunday we decided to head into Sevilla and do touristy things so we could learn more about the city.
First we took a ferry tour down Río Guadalquivir.
Here's some pictures from our tour:


This building was built for the World Expo in 1992, it now houses the Spanish parliament and other important government people.








Tio Pepe, the wine of Spain. Cruzcampo, the beer of Spain.




The Sevilla Bullring, I'll have to get a closer look sometime soon.

An important bridge, built by someone important for the World Expo in 1992.


After the ferry tour we set off on foot!


A plaza outside of the cathedral.




Proof I was there and am not just swiping pictures from the internet!


Catedral de Santa María de la Sede or Cathedral of Saint Mary. It is the third largest Cathedral in the world and the largest Gothic Cathedral in the world. SO BIG!

A lot of the streets are covered like this one.


So pretty!

So we had all intentions of touring the Cathedral on Sunday, but there was a special ceremony going on, so we couldn't go in. Therefore, we acted like papparazi and took pics of the whole ordeal.


The poster for the ceremony.

The man of the hour...no clue who it is?

Man of the hour entering the church...


Door closes to outsiders.

We are going to take this weekend easy to save money and energy for ITALY next weekend!! I'm super excited. We already have another 5 day weekend, so we're headed to Venice and Florence!
Halloween in Florence, sounds perfect!

1 comment:

  1. AAAhhhh another post. These posts lighten my day. J I have to live vicariously through you since it is 40 degrees here. It has been raining all week, I started to work on my own noah’s ark. I didn’t get far, to say the least.

    I am glad you got out in the big city and did some site seeing. Your roommate seems nice…from the picture! J You hair looks great, in that one picture where you are in front of the fountain--must be great water there!!

    I think my favorite part was the church on the beach. Hahaha that is great. Get a quick prayer in in-between sand castles and boogie boarding. Lol-God would appreciate that.
    MISS YOU TONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete